Can you Get WhatsApp on Apple Watch 7: Yes, Follow The Guide
With approximately more than 2 billion users worldwide, there’s no surprise that WhatsApp is the largest messenger app in the world, and it’s just behind Facebook and YouTube in being the most popular social media app. You’d hardly find a person who doesn’t use WhatsApp these days because of its amazing features, and ease in staying connected with your friends, colleagues, etc.
On the other hand, with the latest advancement in wearables, the smartwatch has become a necessity of life. People like to have their important information such as calls, texts, and other updates right on their wrist, and what better way is to have it other than the smartwatch. However, if you own an Apple Watch it might be a slight bummer for you, as it doesn’t come with official WhatsApp for its users.
That said, if you’re wondering how to get WhatsApp on Apple Watch 7, keep reading because we have all the tips and tricks for you.
Let’s get started.
How to get WhatsApp notifications on Apple Watch 7
Like I’ve already said that there’s no official app for WhatsApp, but that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to receive incoming calls or text messages. However, its functionality of it would be minimum, which means that you won’t be able to see pictures or videos from the Apple Watch.
Here’s how you can get notifications on Apple Watch Series 7.
- Take out your iPhone, and open the setting.
- Now go to the notifications, and find WhatsApp by scrolling a bit.
- Make sure the notifications of WhatsApp are turned on, if not then press the toggle switch to turn it on.
- After that tap on the Show in Notification Centre and select Show on Lock Screen, so you can get the notifications displayed on the screen. (You can also enable sound, banners, and badges from there if you want to)
- After this, you would have to mirror these notifications on the Watch app, and for that, open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select notifications in the Watch app.
- After scrolling, you’d find WhatsApp in that list, and make sure that the notifications of it are turned on. If not toggle the switch to turn them on.
When you’re done with this process, you have your iPhone’s WhatsApp mirrored on your Apple Watch 7, and it would all the notifications of incoming calls, text messages, etc. You can also reply to the texts with some pre-customed replies such as, Hello, OK, What’s up and on my way.
Along with this, there’s also an option of adding your reply which you can do through scribble or asking Siri to do it for you. Plus, you can always send emojis from it as well.
Do third-party apps work on Apple Watch 7?
Surprisingly enough there are some good third-party apps that you can also use to get the WhatsApp messages and can enjoy its features. This includes seeing pictures, sending messages as you want, listening to voice notes, and sending stickers and emojis. Some of these third-party apps are Chartify, WatchChat, WhatsUp, and WatchChat 2.
All these apps have been used by many people, but like every third-party app, you have to be conscious enough about sharing data with them, because it can be used against you if the app turned out to be a fake or scam.
However, WatchChat 2 is probably the most reliable app for using WhatsApp, and it’s been around for 4 years now. You have to consider the fact that whatever you go with should keep on updating their privacy and core set because WhatsApp seems to come with updates all the time.
So, if the third-party app doesn’t update itself, you’d be left behind and there would be no point in choosing such a thing. So, just make sure it’s been updated regularly. According to TechRadar, this WatchChat 2 has been updated almost 20 times in 2021, which is why we’re recommending you this.
How to install a third-party app on Apple Watch 7
- Open your Apple Watch, and press the digital crown on its side to go to the apps section.
- From there you will have to go to the app store and search WatchChat 2.
- You will have to tap on getting, and enter your passcode if you set it already.
- Now wait for the installation, and once it’s done, it will ask you to scan the QR code.
- Open your iPhone, go to WhatsApp, and on the right side of your profile picture you will see the option of Scan QR code.
- Tap on it, and scan the QR code on your Apple Watch.
This would link your phone’s WhatsApp to your Apple Watch. Now you can send messages to your friends, access group messages, and can even adjust audio volume or change fonts by long pressing on the texts. WatchChat 2 costs $2.99 for you to avail of its full functionality, which in my opinion is nothing if you’re getting almost all the features of WhatsApp on your wrist.