How to get Facebook on Apple Watch 7
Facebook is the largest social media platform with more than 2.5 billion users all over the world. Every age group uses this app, and for obvious reasons, as it has everything, you’d need on a platform like this. You can post your pictures/content, interact with friends, play games, and chat with friends/family members or even strangers.
With the latest advancements in wearable technology, smartwatches are meant to be mini-phone, and people like to have everything on their wrists. Whether it’s health monitoring or using social media apps. For that, if you’re wondering that can you get Facebook on Apple Watch 7, keep reading because this post will guide you through it.
How to get Facebook on Apple Watch 7
Apple has not introduced an official app for Facebook, which means you’d have to use it on the web page, which is partially functional at best. This means that it won’t be able to show you videos and other content from Facebook, but you’d be able to scroll, react and comment on your friend’s posts easily.
Here’s how you do it.
- First off, take out your iPhone since Apple Watch doesn’t have any browser, so you’d need your iPhone to do this process.
- Go to the settings of the iPhone, and scroll down to the message’s options.
- Turn on the iMessages option there, if it’s not already been turned on.
- Now open your iPhone’s browser, and type www.Facebook.com. Ideally, it would open your account which you have already logged in to.
- Copy the link on top, and send this copied link to your Facebook to yourself in messages.
- After this, you’d have to open your Apple Watch and tap on messages.
- From there, you’d see the messages you’ve sent to yourself from your iPhone. Go ahead and tap on it.
- This would take you to the log-in page of Facebook.
- Enter your email address and password. If you have turned on two-factor authentication then it would send a code to your device, which you’d to enter into it.
After this, it would open your account, and you will see the newsfeed on your Apple Watch 7 right away. Although you won’t be able to play videos on it, it’s more than enough for casual scrolling if you’re not in the mood of using the iPhone.
How to get Facebook on Apple Watch 7 using email
You can do a similar process using your email messages.
- Write yourself an email message, which includes www.facebook.com, and send it to the account which you have used to set up the mail program on your iPhone. This would you to open it from Apple Watch.
- Open the mails on your Apple Watch, and swipe down to open new messages.
- Tap on the link after opening that email message, and there you go with your Facebook log-in page.
Does flagging an email work better?
Sending a message to yourself would get the job done easily, but if you do this with an email, then you’d be able to flag it. The main advantage of flagging an email is that it appears as an ideal additional mailbox under Yahoo or Gmail, etc. This would make it easier to open Facebook as you won’t have to open messages anymore, and can open directly from the flagged message.
To flag, an email, tap on the messages which include the Facebook link, and long-press it. It would give you an option of flagging or if you own an older version of the Apple Watch, you can scroll down and select Flag manually.
Can you get Facebook Messenger on Apple Watch 7?
Yes, you can and unlike Facebook, you don’t have to do much work. If you have the messenger downloaded already on your iPhone then you can use the messenger directly on Apple Watch 7, and if you have it downloaded but it doesn’t show, then you have to do this.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone. Tap on My Watch, and scroll down until you see “Installed on Apple Watch”. If you can see the messenger in that list, tap on the Show App on your Apple Watch.
- If you see the messenger app in the available section, then you can install it easily but you have to tap on it.
- And, if you can’t get a messenger app from both these options, then you can easily search by tapping on the search button and writing messenger in it.
After that you’ll see the messenger app there, tap on install and get the messenger app right on your wrist.