How to Get Snapchat on Apple Watch 7? Step by Step Guide
For an iPhone user, there’s nothing better than the latest Apple Watch 7, which is arguably one of the best iPhone smartwatches available right now. It comes with some pretty cool features regarding your health, fitness, and smart features such as receiving all the notifications of incoming calls, text messages, and other social apps.
If you own an Apple Watch and wondering whether you can use Snapchat on it, well keep reading, because you will find everything you need to know about how to get Snapchat on Apple Watch 7 in this blog.
Let’s get started.
Is Snapchat available on Apple Watch 7?
Probably come off as a bummer for Snapchat lovers, officially, Snapchat is not available on Apple Watches because of two reasons. Firstly, the WatchOS of Apple Watches is not compatible with the Snapchat app. Secondly, Snapchat uses access to the camera for taking pictures and videos, which is not there in Apple Watches at all.
Can You Get Snapchat on Apple Watch?
By default Snapchat is not available on any of the Apple Watches including the Apple Watch Series 7, however, there are other ways to use Snapchat on the Apple Watch.
How to get Snapchat on Apple Watch 7?
Before we get to the method, one thing that should be kept in mind is that since it’s not the official method of using Snapchat, so you can use only limited features.
Let’s enter into the step by step guide on how you can get Snapchat on Watch 7.
- Open your Apple Watch, and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Launch Siri on your Apple Watch, by pressing and holding the digital crown, until you can see it listening.
- Now you will have to say “Google Search” to Siri
- Siri will reply with “What do you want to search for?”
Speak “Snapchat login” or “Snapchat Online” in response to Siri.
(Note that you might get fewer results since the Watch OS 6 and 7 produce few results for general questions)
- Open the first result after navigating through the search results
- Now, you can use two methods to login into Snapchat. The First would be the simpler one, which involves opening Snapchat.com and typing your login details, which includes your username and password. That said, typing on Apple Watch 7 can be hectic for some people, hence you can try the other method.
- You can search for Snapchat stories, and tap on story.snapchat.com. This would take you directly to the spotlight feature, where you can see the stories of random people, mostly celebrities or people with the most subscribers. You can also use the map feature from this, and search the stories by name through that search bar.
As you can see the number of features you can use through the Apple Watch 7 is very limited, and there’s no point in doing this process all the time, just to see the stories of people and not reply to their texts and snaps. Although you should enable the Snapchat notifications for Apple Watch 7, so whenever you get a text or snap, you’d be notified on the screen.
How to get Snapchat notifications on Apple Watch 7
- Open your iPhone, and go to the settings.
- Now scroll down to the notification, and tap on Snapchat if the app is already installed on your phone.
- Check whether notifications are enabled for this App, and also check for the sound, so you can get notified in time.
- Now make sure that the notification from Snapchat is enabled from the phone app, by opening the app.
- Go to the setting and see if the notifications are enabled.
- Now open your Apple Watch, and go to the settings
- Tap on notifications, and here you can see the “Mirror iPhone alerts from”
- You can the list of the apps here, and this means that you’ll be getting notifications from them. Make sure Snapchat is on the list of these apps.
After enabling this, you will be notified about snaps on the watch face, which although you won’t be able to see or reply from the Apple Watch 7, at least you’d be notified about it.
How can you take Snapchat photos from the Apple Watch?
You must be wondering how is that possible since the Apple Watch does not come with a built-in camera. Well, you’re in for a surprise, as Apple Watch 7 acts as a remote control for the Snapchat camera opened on iPhones. It’s a little trick that comes in handy during group photos, as the chances of them being blurred are very obvious.
Here’s how you do it.
- Open your iPhone, and launch the Snapchat app.
- After doing so, make sure that the app is in camera mode.
- Now, point the iPhone towards the thing or location you want to capture and make sure your Apple Watch has the watch face on.
- Now swipe up the Apple Watch to open the music glance.
- Finally, rotate the digital crown the take a Snapchat photo from the Apple Watch on your iPhone.
This happens because Snapchat allows its user to take photos with the volume button, and hence the rotating of the digital crown falls under the same criteria. So, in this way you can take awesome group selfies, by making your friend how the camera and tweaking the digital crown on your wrist, without getting it blurred.