How To Pair Apple Watch To New iPhone – Complete Guide
Whenever Apple drops a new iPhone, people who have been using it for a while gets excited and makes sure they are the first one to grab and explore its new features. With the new upcoming iPhone 13 around the corner, if you’re looking for an answer on how to pair your Apple Watch to your new iPhone, then you have come to the right place.
For this you’ll need the following things:
- Your Watch’s password.
- Your both old and new iPhone.
- Both the phones should be connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- The Watch and your new phone should be charged at least 50 percent.
- Your Apple ID and password for turning off the activation lock.
Since your Apple Watch would have connected to your old iPhone for now, or even if it’s not, you will have to transfer the watch to the new one, and for that, the Apple Watch can be paired with your new iPhone in 2 different ways: With or without your old iPhone.
How to pair Apple Watch to new iPhone if you have an old iPhone
Just follow these simple steps for this:
- Your old iPhone and the Apple Watch should be up-to-date. If any updates are available, download those first, and make sure your watch and phone are charged.
- Open your iPhone, go to settings, and from their go to your iCloud and see if the health option is on. You’d be saving your health and activity settings from there.
- Now backup your old iPhone, with iCloud or your computer, which is easier for you.
- After doing this, set up your new iPhone, and restore the backup you recently did, so all the data will be transferred to your new iPhone.
- Again, make sure the Watch and iPhone are both updated because without them you might not be able to back up.
- When asked if you want to use Apple Watch, proceed with the process.
- If the iPhone doesn’t ask this, open the Apple Watch app on your phone, and set it up manually. Your Watch will be paired with your new iPhone in no time.
That is how you can pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone. But, if you don’t have an old iPhone, doesn’t matter because we have the solution for it as well.
Pairing Apple Watch to new iPhone if you don’t have an old iPhone
Follow these steps carefully for this:
- You will have to Erase your Apple Watch because it might be paired with an old iPhone.
- For erasing an Apple Watch, go to Settings app > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
- If you set up for iPhone already, open the Watch App on your new iPhone and pair Apple Watch with it easily.
- When asked to restore from a Watch backup, go with the most recent one, and if you don’t have it, set up your Apple Watch as new.
After this, you can start using your Apple Watch with the new iPhone. I hope this article has solved your queries, but if you still have some, feel free to contact us anytime.