How to Unpair an Apple Watch: Multiple Methods Revealed
Apple Watch is a great device, but sometimes you may need to unpair it for some reason. Maybe you’re giving it to someone else, or maybe you just don’t want to use it anymore. Whatever the reason, this step-by-step guide will show you how to unpair your Apple Watch in just a few minutes.
And sometimes, the watch stops working due to random issues, which can be solved after pairing with your iPhone again.
Keep in mind that once your Apple Watch is unpaired, it will no longer be linked to your iPhone and you will no longer receive notifications on your watch. So if you’re planning on unpairing your watch, make sure you are okay with losing those features.
If you’re looking for how to unpair an Apple watch; it can be done using both the Apple Watch app or the watch itself. To make it easier for you, we have included both.
How to unpair the Apple Watch using your iPhone
- Bring your watch and iPhone closer to each other.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and select All watches
- On the right side of your watch, you’ll see an info button with a familiar or probably your name on it. Tap on it.
- You’ll see three options, choose the last one saying “Unpair Apple Watch” and tap on it.
- You can choose to retain or remove your data plan if you have GPS + Cellular models.
- Finally, you’ll have to enter your password to disable the Activation lock, and after that, press unpair.
After this, the watch will backup the recent data in your iPhone and be unpaired and disconnected from your iPhone. All the data of the previous pairing, Apple pay card details, and passcodes will be cleared, and it will restore itself to factory settings.
Note: If you want to know about the latest smartwatches then check Garmin Venu 2 vs Apple Watch 6
How to unpair or erase an Apple Watch without the phone or via the watch itself
- Open your Apple watch.
- Go to Setting
- Now select General and tap on Reset
- After doing this, you will see Erase All Content and Setting; tap on it.
- You will have to put your password if you have any.
- If you have the GPS + Cellular model, you can keep or remove the cellular plan.
- Now carefully tap on Erase All if you have any cellular plan, and Erase All & keep Plan for Cellular models if you want to keep the same plan.
Your watch will reset itself to the factory setting after a while. However, keep in mind that erasing or unpairing from the watch itself doesn’t disable the Activation Lock, which means the new user cannot access the watch until the activation lock is disabled.
Well, if you wish to disable Activation Lock with it without your iPhone as well, then follow these steps using your computer’s web browser:
- Using Apple ID and password, sign yourself.
- Go to the settings, and click on it.
- Go to My devices.
- Now select your Apple Watch.
- You will see a cross (x) right next to your watch, go ahead and click on it to confirm.
This is how you can unpair the Apple watch without using your iPhone, but it won’t back up your recent data in your iPhone, which it does if you unpair it with your iPhone. So, if you need the recent data, you have to do it with your phone. On top of this, it doesn’t even disable the activation lock if done from the watch itself, so the choice is yours.
Recommended For You: Apple Watch Series 4 GPS vs Cellular: Which One is Better?
How to unpair Apple Watch without the Apple ID
You can unpair the Apple Watch without the Apple ID with or without your iPhone simply, as it has been mentioned above. But, if you don’t remember the password as well, you can erase it by following these simple steps.
- Put your watch on the charge
- Press and hold the side button like you do when you’re turning it off
- After this, do a firm press and hold the crown until you see Reset
- Tap on Reset
So, this is how you can unpair the Apple Watch with or without the iPhone. Let us know if you have queries about the unpairing of Apple watches.