I found an Apple Watch how do I reset it
Apple has always been famous for its security protocol, and its ability to discard spyware, which in the case of Android is just not there, because of third-party apps and software. That said, if you find an Apple Watch and wondering how to reset it, you came to the right place, because we are about to reveal 2 ultimate methods for you.
This is a great way to clear all of your data from the device and start fresh. Whether you are giving the watch to someone else or just want to erase everything before selling it, follow these simple steps to reset your Apple Watch.
Reset the Apple Watch with your phone
Since if you found the Watch, it’s obvious you’re not going to have its password, which is fine, but there’s something that can be done about it.
If you have an iPhone, simply pair the Watch with it and remove the other paired devices. If you’re getting trouble getting understanding it, just follow these steps:
- Make sure the Watch is charged.
- Bring your iPhone and Apple Watch closer to each other.
- Open your iPhone and let the Apple get paired with it.
- After pairing, just open your Watch app.
- Select All Watches.
- Select the info button (i) on the right side of the Watch.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Make sure the Apple Watch is not paired with any device now.
After this, the Apple Watch will be unpaired from the previous owner’s device. You can pair it again with your iPhone if you want to.
Resetting Apple Watch without the phone
The above methods can work if the Watch can pair with the phone easily, which doesn’t happen some of the time as well. Check out Why my Apple Watch is not pairing to get detailed insights.
So, if you’re having pairing problems with the phone, you can reset the Apple Watch without the Phone app too. But it should be kept in mind that you will lose all the data if the Watch hasn’t been backed up yet.
Follow these steps to reset the Apple Watch without the Phone app:
- For this, you will have to put the Apple Watch on the charger.
- Keep it on the charger until it’s Reset.
- Hold the side button, which you do to power it off manually.
- You will see an option of Power Off.
- Lift your finger after holding the Power Off option.
- You will see Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Tap on it, and don’t turn it on unless the process is completed.
Using these two methods, you can Reset any Apple Watch without any trouble. If you still have any queries about resetting, you can check out How to unpair an Apple Watch for a more detailed version.